Saturday, May 7, 2011

Chapter 9

FINALLY!!! I've gotten numerous questions and requests over the past week to update, but unfortunately I couldn't because I honestly couldn't get this chapter written. I'm sorry to leave you all hanging for so long, I'm not usually like this when posting a story, but honestly I felt like I hit a brick wall with it. Thank you all for your patience and encouraging words in the comments!! Chapter 10 is already in the works and will be posted within the next day or two as long as things go well here at work (I'm on ambulance duty all weekend) and I have lots of time to write!
I appologize now if it doesn't flow like it should... I still wasn't 100% sure with it when I finished, but I'm not one to go back and re-write it if this is what came out in the first place...

Soundtrack: Kate Nash - The Nicest Thing (yes, it's depressing and for good reason)


Ch. 9

“How does a pretty woman like you, have an ugly dog like that?!” Jarret yelled out from his SUV as he passed me and Bruno.  It was a warm Monday evening and Bruno had been bouncing off the walls since we returned from the camping trip, so I needed to get him out for a walk.
“Are you insulting Bruno’s looks?” I yelled back while I stopped and put my arms up on my hips, shooting him a nasty, but playful glare.  “I find him quite handsome.”  I honestly had made no effort to contact Jay when we got back from camping late Sunday evening because I was really confused on how to handle the situation I was in.  I just had sex with 2 different men in 4 days.  Granted, I wasn’t technically in a romantic relationship with either of them, but with the way things were going with Jarret before I left, it was certainly heading in that direction.  Jack and I were obviously in the same limbo we were in before, except for the fact that we now knew how good it could be in bed together.  What have you gotten yourself into Liz?!  Looking at Jay as he smiled broadly out the window of his vehicle, made my heart beat just a little faster.
“Um, I think you should be focusing on the first part of that sentence that was a compliment for you,” he laughed easily as he put the SUV in park next to the curb, allowing me to lean in the passenger side window.
“Bruno has big ears and perfect hearing you know,” I frowned.  “To insult him is the same as insulting me.”
Jay bit his lip like he was trying to figure of something witty and looked up at me with sparkling grey eyes.  “Fine, I’m sure he was an adorable puppy.”
I just shook my head and laugh.  “The most adorable, let me assure you.”
“So is his adorable owner available for the rest of the evening?” Jarret asked with a raised eyebrow.
“What do you have in mind?” I asked, unable to hide the smile that I was feeling throughout my body.
“Popcorn and a movie at your place?”
“I think I have both…”
“Good, see you in 20 minutes?  I just want to hop in the shower and then I’ll be over, I just got done working out.”
“Yes please do.  I don’t you stinking up my house,” I giggled, pulling myself back from the window and holding my nose like he stank terribly.
“See you in a bit, Beth.”
“Bye Jay.”


It was a good weekend away with the guys, but I actually looked forward to coming back to my small-town summer home.  I was slightly surprised when she didn’t stop in after she got home Sunday night, but then I shouldn’t have been because in reality, we weren’t a couple.  We were still just “seeing each other” here and there and just because we had some of the most amazing sex the other afternoon, did not mean we were officially anything.  I was still unsure where this was all going and I definitely didn’t want to be the one to push the issue of wanting a relationship label.  Honestly, I liked how things were laid back between the two of us and I definitely didn’t want to ruin it.
“Bruno! Back the fuck up!” I heard Beth yelling once again as I knocked on the door to her house.  Bruno was barking loudly but I heard her call out, “Jay, just open the door yourself!”  When I did, I found her holding on for dear life to Bruno’s collar as he lunged happily at me, pulling her helplessly along.  Luckily I was braced for it; otherwise I would have been on my ass. 
“I thought he was trained,” I laughed as the big hound put his big paws on my chest, attempting to lick me.
“He is, but I think he’s paying you back for your comments,” Beth laughed, finally just giving up on trying to hold back the big hound dog.
Once I was able to push the dog down, I took a step towards her and pulled her against me.  She easily wrapped her arms around me and nuzzled her face into my chest.  “I missed you this weekend,” I said quietly into her hair, breathing in her now familiar scent.
“Suck-up,” she giggled as she looked up at me.
“Whatever gets me a kiss off those lips,” I smiled as I leaned in and kissed her softly.  She seemed a little hesitant at first, but soon she melted as she wrapped her arms around me.  I liked how she was beginning to feel familiar to me and how a little voice in my head was whispering that I could get used to this feeling.
When the kiss finally ended she looked up at me with a shy smile.
“Did you have fun camping?”  I asked as I pushed a piece of her hair behind her ear.  She shrugged and took a step away from me, heading towards the kitchen as she mumbled, “Yeah, we had nice weather and got some good rock climbing in.”
“Everything better between you and Jack?”
“Yup.”
“Well, that’s good,” I said happily as I followed her into the kitchen, slightly surprised by the fact that she suddenly seemed distant with just a few spoken words. 
“How was your weekend?” she asked, sounding a little more like herself.
“Well, I got some good golfing time in with the boys…” I mused as I stretched out my arms above my head.  “That is the one thing I wish this town had,” I said longingly.
“Can’t say that golfing is something I enjoy,” she mumbled as she placed the bag of popcorn in the microwave.
“Is it maybe because you aren’t proficient at it?” I asked with a smile as I leaned up against the counter.
“Maybe…I guess I’ve always looked at it as a rich man’s sport,” she said honestly as she looked over at me.
“What are you doing tomorrow?” I suddenly asked as an idea popped into my head.
“Golfing?” she smiled, instantly catching onto my idea.
“You are a mind reader!” I exclaimed as I reached out and wrapped my arms around her tiny waist, pulling her over towards me.  “We can go out early in the morning before it gets overly hot and then we can hang out in Yorkton for a bit if you are interested…make a day of it.”
“I think that sounds like a good idea.  I need to get out of town for a bit,” she said in relieved tone.
“Already?!  You just got back from camping,” I said into her hair as she nuzzled her face into my chest.
She left out a small, yet easy laugh as she looked up at me and smiled shyly.  “Yeah, I guess it does seem silly.”
“Well, I’m glad I can be of assistance.  I always find a day out on the golf course is the perfect way to clear your head,” I smiled back at her while removing a piece of hair from her face.
“Funny you say that because I’m fairly sure you cloud up my mind when I’m with you.”
“Well hopefully that’s a good thing,” I chuckled.


I was going to stop in and talk to her about things.  Things were left pretty open-ended when I dropped her off on Sunday evening, especially since we barely said more than 5 sentences on the way home and of course none of them had to do with the past evening’s physical activities.  After 24 hours of mulling over everything, sense began creeping back into my head and I began to understand her reaction.  Hell, it was the same reaction I had been having since day 1 of meeting her.  Somewhere in the back of my head I always knew she’d be the death of my career or I’d be the death of her’s, but after having her in my arms I felt like it would be an easy decision to give up everything to be together.  Unfortunately she didn’t seem as sure and now I was left with some questions that I hoped she could answer.  One of the questions was answered as soon as I drove by and saw his ritzy SUV sitting in her driveway; it was like the big fat elephant sitting in the room, so I just kept driving.


Watching movies and eating popcorn was an innocent enough idea, right?  Too bad the childlike touching and kissing ended up becoming something very hot and not so innocent in a short amount of time.
What had started out as errant touching as we cuddled underneath the blankets on her couch, quickly became a passionate game which really got started when she became trapped underneath me.  The heat rapidly built underneath the blankets as I pressed my body down onto hers.  She wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me closer to her, coaxing me on.  Part of me felt it would noble to just sleep with her in my arms tonight, but she was making the noble part say, fuck it, by wrapping a leg high around my waist and moving herself against my obvious erection.
I was intoxicated by the smell of her clean, soap scented skin as I began laying kissing down her neck, burying my face in the collar of her sweatshirt and breathing her in.  I smiled when I felt her fingers run through my hair as she whispered, “make me feel like you did the other night.”
I brought my lips within centimeters of her ear so that I could whisper back, “I plan on making you feel better than that, Elizabeth.” Her name rolled off my tongue like it was created just to say her full name in a lustful whisper.  Again I smiled when she moaned out in response.  “That’s what I though you’d say,” I mused as I sat up, pulling her up with me and then removing the cumbersome sweatshirt that was creating an annoying barrier between us.  After throwing it on the floor, I wrapped an arm around her back, cupped one of her breasts in my hand and took her nipple into my mouth.  She arched back and whined as she threaded her fingers into my hair again, coaxing me on while I twirled my tongue around her areola before flicking it over her now fully erected nipple.  After a moment I switched to the other, making sure both received equal attention.  Her breasts were the perfect size for my hands to hold.  She collapsed back onto the pillows with a loud sigh and a perfectly formed smile.
“Why the smile, Beautiful?”
“Why not?” she giggled, pulling me back down to her so that she could kiss me.  Our lips molded together and our tongues battled playfully back and forth as I slid a hand down her soft skin and began pushing her shorts down.  She easily lifted up her hips to help in the effort and kicked them the rest of the way off when I couldn’t reach any further.  I pulled back from our kiss and just looked deep into her sparkling blue eyes as I drug an open palm back up her thigh and stopped at the cleft between her legs, dipping a finger between her warm, wet, folds.  She took in a sharp breath and her eyes fluttered shut.
“I thought about being with you again all weekend,” I murmured.
“Mmm,” was all she said as I diddled my fingers around, lubricating them with her moistness.  She then left out a small mewing sound that I had remembered from the last time we were together, however this time I enjoyed the sound instead of just worry about how long it was going to be until I could get off.  My goal this time was to make her create more sounds like that, to pleasure her until she was sound asleep in my arms with a permanent smile.  That was the difference between one-night flings and making love, the little things that made it all worth it.  I watched her face when I pushed two fingers gently up inside, her muscles sucking me in as I began pumping them into her.  I kept finger fucking her, a little reluctant to move my mouth down to her breasts once more because I was enjoying her facial expressions as she came closer to the edge.  “Yeessss,” she cried out as I began sucking on her now sensitive breasts.  Soon she was humping my hand and crying out, “Fuck, yes Jarret!  I’m almost there!” At that I pushed on her g-spot, forcing her to tumble over the edge while she screamed out my name and dug her fingers into my shoulders.


I could have sworn I just saw the end of the world as I came hard on his fingers.  “Jesus, fuck Jarret,” I panted.  “How do you do it?”
This just made him chuckle as he laid kisses between my breasts and worked his way back up to my face, the slight stubble on his face causing me to shiver as is brushed against my now sensitive skin.  “You make it easy, Beth.  It’s not hard to figure out what to do and when as your yelling out the obscenities.”
“Oh,” I said, slightly embarrassed by potty mouth.
“I think it’s fucking hot,” he breathed hotly into my ear, making me shiver again.
He had me in such a disheveled state that I didn’t realize he was already out of his boxers until he laid fully on top of me, kissing me back into a full oblivion.  The heat from his body, warmed me to the core and when he entered me, I instantly saw stars, feeling every inch of him slowly wind into me.
“I’m not sure how it’s possible, but I think you feel even better than you did in Vancouver,” he murmured as I threaded my arms up underneath his and grabbed onto his shoulder for some leverage.
“I think it’s because we weren’t really focusing on each other that night,” I whispered, unable to speak much louder at that point because he took my breath away by bottoming himself out inside of me.
“Mmm, and what a shame because what if I wouldn’t have gotten this second chance?” he growled, pulling himself almost out before plunging in deep once more.  “I wouldn’t have realized I already had Heaven in bed with me…” he grunted plunging in and out again.
No more words were spoken because we got too distracted by the feeling of moving together as one.  I wrapped my legs around him, to raise my hips so that he hit my g-spot with every punishing hit.  Sweat beads were pooling up on his forehead as he bit his lip, concentrating on fucking me and I couldn’t help but kiss a few of them away.  He was beautiful above me yet I still couldn’t shake the little demon in the back of my head that kept telling me I was heading in the wrong direction.  After a couple more hits and meeting him in the middle as I thrusted against his pelvis I was brought over the edge, effectively shushing the demonic voice.  A few seconds later I felt him fill me with his seed as he growled out loudly, “Fuck yeah, Elizabeth.”
I was still holding tightly to him as he collapsed down onto me.  “Amazing,” I whispered.
“Absolutely amazing,” he echoed.


“So what, are they cutting jobs up there in Duck Mountain?” my buddy Jason asked over the phone when I called him Tuesday morning to see about getting a job in Saskatoon with the hospital based medic unit.
I grimaced as I spoke, “No, I’m just in the need for a change of scenery.”
“Trading the great outdoors for the city, eh?  Well, of course I have a position for you.  I told you before that if you wanted to come back, there would be a gig here for you,” Jason said happily.  “I just figured since it’s been several years, you were up there for good.”
“Yeah, I don’t know, things have changed I guess,” I said, attempting to sound happier about it than I felt. 
I needed to get out of here.  I was not going to standby and watch Liz and Jarret be together the rest of the summer.  I tried.  I told her how I felt and she came back with the same excuse that had stopped me from telling her how I felt so many years ago.  The only person I would tell that I was leaving would be Rick, everyone else would have to find out through him when I didn’t show up for my shift.  The plan was to be out of here within the next couple days.  I hated to put Rick in a situation where he would have to cover the shifts himself until they could come up with a new schedule, but I couldn’t stick around any longer.
“When do you want to start?” Jason asked.
“When’s your next open shift?”

6 comments:

Meaghan said...

Thank you so much for the update! I was so happy this morning!
He ia giving up way to easy on her! You have to fight for what you want!
I'm still rooting for jarret and Beth though! :)

I Love Canadian Boys said...

First of all thank you for updating :) I was happy to see and update on my dashboard this morning.. Second, as weird as this may sound I'm thinking the same thing as Meaghan. Jack can't give up yet. If he leaves it'll probably shatter Liz. Love Jarret and Liz though so I guess I can't complain too much :)

MelTing said...

Listen to the little demon in the back of your head, Liz! I think all this great sex has scrambled her brain.
Jack's being a drama queen, yet I can sympathize with him. I think he gets the real Liz, and he's wracked with jealousy. So I'm declaring myself: Team Jack!

Gabiie said...

Yes, I am so happy but I really want her relationship with Jarret to develop and fleurish! I declare myself Team Jarret!!!!

HockeyFireChick said...

Thanks for missing this!! I have too!! I'm working on the next chapter... hopefully I'll have it up by the end of the night or tomorrow.

So we have 3 for Jarret and Beth
and 1 for Jack and Liz... on the other board I'm posting this it's spilt evenly... we shall see, we shall see!!

Anonymous said...

So happy you posted this chapter! I've missed this story so much. Well, Jack - you need to man up! If you love her, running away after you saw the elephant in the driveway will not get you your girl back. .

I'm a little disappointed that Jack just gave up and ran away. After all these years together, he's willing to just move away so abruptly?

I'm still cheering for Team Jack. He gets Liz and they're great together.

I love your stories and thanks again being so generous to share your stories and characters.

Update soon, please?

AYF