Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Introduction and Chapter 1

Welcome to my brand-new story!! As usual, I'm writing about another person who rarely has stories written about him... What can I say, I'm a sucker for all the "non-popular boys."

The soundtrack for the story is from Dave Matthews Band - Crush. I've been in a DMB mode lately, especially with his stuff with Tim Reynolds... this one is from their gig at Radio City.

And now on to the main event. Crush.

“Great idea to head out tonight,” I yelled over to Greener who nodded his head while we both looked over at a group of girls that had just paraded themselves by us.  We were at the Roxy in Vancouver and every girl in the city seemed to be out tonight.  It was probably against our better judgment to head out as soon as we arrived here from Edmonton tonight, but I’ve never claimed to be smart when it came to the possibility of seeing scantily clad women.  This place was known for just that.  Why hello there…” I thought to myself as I watched a copper-headed muse go walking by.  She looked to be a little overwhelmed by her surroundings as she made a bee-line to the bathrooms.  “I think I found my poison for the early morning,” I nodded my head over towards her for Greener’s opinion.
“The red-head?” he asked skeptically.
“Sure, why not?”
“You always go for the blondes,” Penner chirped.  It was awesome to have the 3 amigos back together.  However, some things had changed.  Penner was now a married man, Greener was fairly serious with his woman and well, I was playing the Hollywood starlet field.  It was hard not to get caught up in the scene with so many beautiful women.  The biggest mistake I had made was getting caught up with Rachel, but I definitely made the right decision to get out of it before it was too late.  I was now seeing Katie, but I knew once the season was over our little fling was going to be finished.  So why not play the field tonight?  Get back into the swing of things…
“I’m up for a challenge tonight and I’ve found the red-heads are always a little extra wild in bed,” I stretched my arms out in front of me, laced my fingers and cracking my knuckles, making myself ready for battle.
“Well, she’s definitely hot in that dress, but I’m thinking since it’s actually covering her ass, she might end up being a big challenge…” Greene pointed out.
He was right, but like I said, I was up for a challenge and I’m figured if I played my cards right, I’d have her in bed with me within the hour.  “One hour,” I bet, slamming a $100 down on the table.
“Thank God you have a single room this trip,” Greene laughed, flashing his $100 before picking mine up for safe keeping.  Penner just sat there shaking his head at me with a smirk that told me he was amused.
“Ah, truer words were never spoken,” I laughed before pushing myself away from the table so that I could place myself just right for her exit from the bathroom.


I was trashed.  This was exactly what I was afraid of when the guys insisted I go out with them.  We were in town for a conference and ever since we got here all the guys could talk about was heading to the Roxy because it had “some of the best scenery” in the whole city.  Funny, because I totally thought some of the best scenery was the view of the Sound.  Of course I knew they were talking about the women and considering some of these guys had never been out of  south eastern part of Saskatchewan, this was a big deal for them.  This is totally one of the biggest problems of being a woman in a man’s profession.  I always end up being the only one who says no to shit like this.  When will it be my turn to go to a bar where the hot men were the topic of conversation?! 
I should have known if was going to be a night like no other when Jack, my work-partner, dropped his chin on the floor as I walked out into the hall of our hotel room in a dress.
“Damn, Liz.  I didn’t know you knew how to wear anything besides jeans or a flight suit…” Taylor spoke up first.  “I’m going to talk to Rick when we get back about changing the uniform policy for you.  Hell, anytime you need a day off Jack…”
“I’m about ready to shove my shoe up your ass, Taylor,” I growled.
He stepped back and threw up his hands.  “Well, it seems like she still has her bark and bite about her…”
“Yeah, you can always dress them up like a lady, but it doesn’t mean they will act like one,” Doug sniggered.
I just rolled my eyes and flicked them the finger as I walked down the hall, one foot in front of the other, like I had often seen the Hollywood starlets do on the red carpet.  However, the boys were right.  I was a total tomboy growing up.  I was never one to play with Barbies and worry about make-up.  All I was worried about was when the weather was nice enough to go mountain biking or rock climbing.  Despite these things I was still a woman and like any woman, I enjoyed hearing compliments about my looks and I really enjoy having a man dote on me.  However, because of my career choice, family issues, image insecurity and attitude, I wasn’t high up on the “date-able list.”  I’m sure it didn’t help that where I lived, everyone knew everyone since school and if you didn’t find your “soul mate” before you graduated high school, it was more than likely you weren’t going to find him later on in life either, unless you moved out of the area or he moved into the area.  Sadly, most of the new “transplants” as I referred to them as, were either already married or were missing more teeth than my Uncle Joe who had dentures since he was 25.
I won’t lie.  I’ve always had a crush on Jack, my work-partner, but it was hard enough trying to get a job in a man’s field, so a relationship with him would throw all my hard work out the window. Plus, I’m fairly sure Jack did not look at me in that way.
After playing “wing man” not once, but twice at the Roxy, I pounded several drinks and now I found myself praying for the bathroom stall to stop spinning.  I could usually hold my alcohol very well, but that was when I was drinking beer.  Tonight I indulged myself, mainly trying to get rid of the picture of how hot Jack looked in jeans and dress shirt.  Handling jealousy was not one of strong points, but I seemed to think that drinking like a fish solved that problem.
“Oh! Gosh, I’m soo sorry,” I apologized to the hard chested man I ran into as I walked out of the bathroom.  I could have sworn no one was standing there and that he must have purposely stepped out in front of me, but I was in no state of mind to make inferences like that.
“Nothing to be sorry about, miss…” he said.  “I’ll just make it that you owe me a dance,” he spoke smoothly as I finally looked up at him.  He towered over me, but then again, most people towered over me since I was only 5’3”.  He had dirty blonde hair with what I guess could be considered a slight receding hairline, but he wore it well with some gel in his curls. His face was handsome with chiseled features accented by the most intriguing grey eyes.  He wore the rugged look well.  There was no secret that under his tight, white, knit, long-sleeved shirt, he was lean and muscular.  It was as if his torso went on forever, making it seem as if his jeans were hanging off his ass, but I was fairly sure they were sitting just perfectly on his hips.  My eyes must have gotten stuck at the waist line because soon one of his long fingers was under my chin, tipping it upwards so that our eyes met once again.  “I’m up here,” he said with a humored smile.
“Hi,” was all I could say.
“So about that dance…”
I just nodded my head and followed his lead out onto the busy dance floor as he took my small hand in his very large one.


This was going to be easier than I could have ever predicted.  She must have liked what she saw because she was basically drooling before I tilted her head back up.  She was wasted, but not to the point that she couldn’t make a conscious decision and she actually moved well on the dance floor with me.
“Are you from here?” I leaned down and whispered heavily into her ear, causing her to shiver in my arms that were wrapped low around her waist.
“No, I’m here for a professional conference, actually,” she said clearly.  “The guys I’m here with made me come here, something about the best scenery in Vancouver,” she rolled her eyes, making me laugh.  Most girls I’ve met would have probably thrown a hissy fit, but she made it seem like she was used to it.
“You don’t seem to mind that you are here,” I pointed out.
She shrugged and looked me in the eyes as she said, “I found my own piece of scenery to keep me occupied.”  At that I pulled her just a little closer and took her on a ride I was sure she wouldn’t soon forget.


Sure I was busy flirting with a tall, hot, blonde at the bar, but that didn’t mean I wasn’t keeping an eye out for Liz.  She was not only my work-partner, but also my best friend and we always kept tabs on each other.
We had been partners at Duck Mountain EMS/ Search and Rescue for about 5 years now.  I remember being disappointed by the fact that I had a girl as my partner.  All the women I had done training with were unable to do their job, unable to handle the lifting, the climbing and personally I just felt more comfortable working with men.  Liz on the other hand, proved me totally wrong.  Despite being short in the pants, she was able to do all the lifting and climbing.  Her medical skills were unparalleled to any of my previous partners and her outdoor sense was second to none.  A year after working with Liz, Rick approached me about switching partners and I told him, “No,” flat-out.  I knew I could trust Liz with my life and I knew she always had my back. 
After working together with the same person for such a long time, you get to know them inside and out.  You know when to leave them alone and you know when they might need an extra pat on the back.  I considered Liz my best friend and when people asked, I told them that she was the little sister I never had; I was 5 years older than her and she never left me forget it.
Liz was almost always clad in her work clothing or jeans and t-shirts, so seeing her in a dress was totally unbelievable.  I knew she had a tight body, I had seen her partially naked on occasions and once completely naked when I not-so-accidentally walked in on her while she was in the shower.  But seeing her dressed up with make-up on made my mind turn to mush.
If anyone ever knew the truth, they’d give me a medal for being the world’s most patient man.  Or just stupid for not making a move.  I wasn’t dumb, having a relationship with her could absolutely ruin everything.  So instead I occupied my time by being a serial dater, always having a new girl to keep me occupied.  Liz would make fun of me about it, always asking, “So who is the ditz of the week?” and the rest of the crew called me the playboy of Kamsack.  Only I knew that there was only one woman who would make me settle down and in my mind she was off limits.  Now I was 31 and everyday that went by weighed in the back of my mind.  Sooner or later I was going to have to come clean with Liz and take whatever consequences given to me.
“Jack, if you grip that damn beer glass any harder, you are gonna break the damn thing,” Doug chirped while giving me a punch in the arm to grab my attention.  I had been watching Liz dance really close with some guy about my height and built like me.  She smiled at him in a way I had never seen before.  It was obvious she was flirting and this was just another first for me.  I had never seen Liz around other guys besides the ones we worked with, so between her looking so damn hot and in the arms of another man, my night was officially fucked.


His body was even more perfectly sculpted than I had ever imagined.  I didn’t have a clue what he did for his day job, but he could easily moonlight as a male-stripper with a body like that.  It was even better that he knew how to use it and wasn’t afraid at experimenting.
Somehow we made it to his hotel room still partially clothed after we both attempted to disrobe each other in the elevator.  I heard him say something to a guy that we passed on the way down the hall, but I was too busy licking his ear as he carried me.  By the words that were exchanged, I assumed he knew the guy, but I could have cared less at that point.  Once inside the room he slammed up against the wall and began by devouring my lips, then moving down my neck and collarbone before getting lost between my breasts, sucking and biting me into oblivion.  I was still suspended against the wall when he entered me the first time.
“Fuck!” I cried out, mentally coaching myself to relax my muscles so that I could take him fully.  I’m fairly sure I pictured this happening with Jack and me more than once, but this guy was proving to be quite the substitute.  He gave me a moment to stretch, but after that everything was fair game as he pounded balls deep into me.  I locked my ankles around his waist and held on for dear life, sending a silent prayer up to the heavens for sticking to my ab-crunch regiment faithfully, so that my core was strong enough to allow this.  It was safe to say that this was the first time I had ever been fucked like this, but then again the night held a lot of firsts for me.
The next scene played out in the shower where I found myself on my hands and knees on the tub floor, sucking him off like the juiciest lollipop as his hands were threaded through my thick, wet hair, guiding me.  Before I knew it I was laying on top of him, still blowing him as he worked his own magic between my legs.  I’m surprised the fire alarms didn’t go off with all the heat that was pouring out of the bathroom from the steam that came from the hot water and the heat that he and I were generating together.
We took a small break in the sexual activities to order room-service so that we could refuel.  I was totally sobered up at this point, but I found myself in a haze, the haze that comes from a few hours of amazing sex and several orgasms.  I was beginning to feel a little sore, but I definitely didn’t push him away when he gently nudged my legs apart so that I could make room for him once more.  All I could do was smile and nod when he raised an eyebrow for permission.  There was no way in hell I could say no to something so perfect.


She was the perfect lover to feed my appetite.  She knew how to have fun, was open to try anything, and obviously had no problem keeping up with me, despite the late hours.  It had been a long time since I had done this.  Lately any of my hook-ups were a one and out deal, but there was something about her that kept me wanting to hear her cries of pleasure again and again.
Her beautiful blue eyes sparkled every time she smiled.  Her copper hair shined like a brand new penny each time the light hit her curls as they bounced.  She tasted like a dream and felt like one each time I pushed inside of her.  It was obvious she didn’t get around like some of the other puck sluts I had fucked over the year.
It was evident she worked out, but she was sculpted like the girls in LA.  Those girls worked out enough to get that slight definition.  Beth on the other hand had muscles that were obviously used in a work situation.  Hell, I’m pretty sure her arm and calf muscles were better than some of the guys in my locker room.
As we sat eating the early morning room service, I was very tempted to ask her questions about herself, but if there was one thing I learned about one-night-stands; the less you knew the better off you were.  However, I’m pretty sure there was never a time I wanted to break that rule more until now.  She was such a mystery that it was obvious I wouldn’t be able to unravel it in just one night.
Surprisingly she didn’t ask my name until right before she came the first time while I was fucking her up against the wall of my room.
“What’s your name?” she cried out between my thrusts.  “I need to know so that I can call it out when you make me come,” she hiccuped out the last word, making me smile because I knew she was close to the edge.
“Jay,” I grunted as I slammed just a little harder into her.
A moment later she cried out, “Jaaaay… oh god, yessss!”
Before she got down on her knees in the shower, I asked for her name.  She hesitated for only a moment before she answered, “Beth.”
I was fairly sure that she wasn’t telling the truth, but what the hell did it matter?  This would most likely be the first and last time we ever saw each other.  She obviously didn’t know who I was and I didn’t know her, so we were on even ground.


The next morning I woke up to an empty bed and a note that was written on a hotel note pad.  “Feel free to call yourself a cab and just have them charge it to the room.  Thank you for an amazing night, hope you enjoyed the “scenery” in Vancouver.  I know I did.” ~ J.
A small smile came across my face as I allowed my mind to flip through the pictures of last night.  What a night it had been.  It had been a long time since I had sex and I definitely never experienced anything like that.  I’m fairly sure his easy smile would be imprinted in my mind and as I pressed my nose to the pillow, his scent too would be something I’d probably never forget.  Too bad I’d never see him again.  This is why you don’t get emotionally attached.
I groaned as I rolled over to stretch out my tired, achy body.  I was sore, but in that good way after a night of amazing sex and orgasms.  I allowed another small smile to creep across my face until I looked at the clock and realized I was 2 hours late for my first lecture of the conference.
This walk of shame was going to be possibly the worst a woman has ever endured.  My thought was confirmed by the fact of 20 missed calls and 15 voicemails from not only Jack but also from the other 4 guys from our work.  They ranged from, “Way to go Liz!” to the ones from Jack who sounded worried and pissed with each message he left.  Elizabeth, please call me.  I’m worried sick and wondering what the fuck you were thinking…”
Oops.

2 comments:

MelTing said...

Woot! Well, one chapter in and we have a love triangle already, or actually a love square, if you count Katie. Right to the action and hard bodies everywhere1

It's hard to know where this story is going to go, but I'm excited to see. And I'm also happy to see a story about this team!

Anonymous said...

yay, a new story! I loved Shattered and am so looking forward to this one! I just wish you would have picked Greener instead *pout*. I don't really like smooth Mr. Hollywood but it seems you are about to change that! I'm just worried about Jack....